The 2016 DSIF/Yasuko Asada Memorial College Scholarship Awards were presented to 2016 high school graduates Samantha Nichols (Waimea) and Marcus Yamamoto (Pearl City). Each received a $2,500 scholarship grant for academic achievement, active participation on their high school golf teams and fulltime enrollment at an accredited U.S. college or university:
• Samantha Nichols, Waimea High School, Knox College
Field of Interest: Biochemistry, Pre-Med
• Marcus Yamamoto, Pearl City High School, Creighton University
Field of Interest: Biology, Pre-Med, Ophthalmology
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The David S. Ishii Foundation wishes to encourage the attainment of higher education goals by members of high school golf teams in the State of Hawaii. Hawaii high school seniors who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement, were active members of their high school golf teams, and plan on attending college full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university are eligible to apply.
David S. Ishii Foundation/Yasuko Asada Memorial College Scholarship Fund
Mrs. Yasuko Asada, a longtime friend and supporter, passed away on May 29, 2009. In her memory, the Foundation's board of directors renamed the Foundation's College Scholarship Program the "David S. Ishii Foundation Yasuko Asada Memorial College Scholarship Program."
Grant Amount: $5,000
No. of Grants: 2 ($2,500 each awarded to 1 female and
To encourage and promote the attainment of higher educational goals for members of high school golf teams in the State of Hawaii who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement during high school.
- Plan to graduate high school in the academic school year 2015-2016 and must be an active member of a high school golf team in the State of Hawaii.
- Plan to attend college full-time, i.e. 12 or more hours in a course of study leading to a baccalaureate (4-year) degree at an accredited college or university located within the United States.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Financial need may be considered.
- Applicants must submit a short essay (no longer than 250 words) about the influence of "golf" in his/her life.
Application Process (Six steps)
1. Complete application with certified copy of your high school transcript with SAT scores.
2. Attach copy of essay.
3. Attach letters of recommendation.
4. Obtain Athletic Director’s signature on application.
5. Submit completed application, essay and transcript to:
DSIF Scholarship Fund Committee
P. O. Box 2927
Aiea, HI 96701
6. Must be postmarked by April 15, 2016. Materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact: Dayton Asato, College Scholarship Committee Chair at email@example.com.
Click here to download the scholarship application form.
Click here to download the student certification form. Please disregard if you are applying for this scholarship for the first time. Only for recipients of previous multi-year scholarships.