The David S. Ishii Foundation wishes to encourage the attainment of higher education goals by members of high school golf teams in the State of Hawaii. Hawaii high school seniors who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement, were active members of their high school golf teams, and plan on attending college full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university are eligible to apply.
David S. Ishii Foundation / Yasuko Asada Memorial College Scholarship Fund
Mrs. Yasuko Asada, a longtime friend and supporter, passed away on May 29, 2009. In her memory, the Foundation's board of directors renamed the Foundation's College Scholarship Program the "David S. Ishii Foundation Yasuko Asada Memorial College Scholarship Program."
Grant Amount: $8,000
No. of Grants: 2 ($4,000 total, $1,000 each year awarded to 1 female and
To encourage and promote the attainment of higher educational goals for members of high school golf teams in the State of Hawaii who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement during high school.
- Plan to graduate high school in the academic school year 2014-2015 and must be an active member of a high school golf team in the State of Hawaii.
- Plan to attend college full-time, i.e. 12 or more hours in a course of study leading to a baccalaureate (4-year) degree at an accredited college or university located within the United States.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and send the David S. Ishii Foundation proof of continuation of college education.
- Financial need may be considered.
- Applicants must submit a short essay (no longer than 250 words) about the influence of "golf" in his/her life.
Application Process (Six steps)
1. Complete application with certified copy of your high school transcript with SAT scores.
2. Attach copy of essay.
3. Attach letters of recommendation.
4. Obtain Athletic Director’s signature on application.
5. Submit completed application, essay and transcript to:
DSIF Scholarship Fund Committee
P. O. Box 2927
Aiea, HI 96701
6. Must be post-marked by April 30, 2015. Materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact: Dayton Asato, College Scholarship Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the scholarship application form.
Click here to download the student certification form.